The Houston Health Foundation is recruiting for the newly created position of Development Manager. The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO, Board and Houston Health Department leadership to create a sustainable funding stream for its Banner Programs. Initial efforts will focus on See to Succeed, a childhood vision program, providing free eye exams and glasses to over 10,000 children annually.
Kindly send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Robin Mansur.
The Development Manager is a full-time position responsible for supporting fundraising activities contributing to the sustainability of the Houston Health Foundation’s banner programs. Initial responsibility will focus on creating a sustainable funding stream for See to Succeed, a childhood vision program. Responsibilities include corporate and private philanthropy research, donor communications, reporting, press announcements, and social media.
The Manager will also assist board members and the President and CEO in the development of leads.
Further, this position serves as the development liaison to the See to Succeed operations team at the Houston Health Department. Responsibilities may also include coordination of corporate engagement in See to Succeed, development of tailored corporate sponsorship programs, event planning, online fundraising, and support for an annual giving campaign.
The Manager is also responsible for identifying grant opportunities for See to Succeed, completing applications and reporting on awards. The Manager will work closely with the CEO, Development Consultant, Board of Directors and See to Succeed Operations Team.
- Proven track record of at least 3-5 years of development experience for a non-profit organization
- Possesses a broad range of expertise in various development strategies and execution
- Knowledge of the Houston corporate, philanthropic and non-profit community preferred
- Strong interpersonal, writing and marketing skills.
- Conversant in basic accounting and financial literacy
- Adept at data management and familiar with e-Tapestry or other donor management platforms
- Excellent organizational and relationship management skills
- Deep respect and concern for the communities served by the Houston Health Department
- Confidence, poise, discretion, and good listening skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Staffs Board Development Committee
- Oversees prospect research
- Maintains gift recognition system and fundraising database.
- Ensures thoughtful communication, acknowledgement and follow up with donors and sponsors, including social media visibility
- Identifies prospective corporate donors and supporters and assist CEO to cultivate interest in Houston Health Foundation programs
- Identifies grant opportunities, and completes grant applications and manages active grants
- Works closely with the Houston Health Department program managers to align fundraising activities with program goals
- Works closely with the Houston Health Department volunteer coordinator to ensure meaningful engagement opportunities and acknowledgement
- Works with President and CEO to develop a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors and establish an annual giving campaign
- Coordinates fundraising events with direct support to management and Board of Directors