Please send resume and cover letter to: Francis.Cerrada@houstontx.gov
The Program Coordinator will lead program planning and implementation activities in support of a guided opportunity to engage immigrant youths in a youth-led urban agriculture enterprise; expose participating youths to leadership skills, effective communication strategies, business acumen, knowledge of native and ethnic crops, coalition building, health literacy and inclusivity building.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with internal staff, external community members, local farmers and local agriculture related organizations.
- Participate in grant-hosted peer learning webinars
- Master knowledge of general operations of Community Gardens and Farmer’s Market Programs
- Develop application process for youth recruitment.
- Promote program for recruitment in Gulfton area schools & youth groups.
- Recruit participant cohorts.
- Coordinate 3 youth learning modules.
- Monitor youth-led planting and maintenance of native crops.
- Monitor youth-led development of Farm Stand
- Assist program evaluation activities including data collection
- Assist reporting outcomes and lessons learned
This position requires stooping, bending. Occasional light lifting, such as three or four reams of paper or books (up to 20 pounds or equivalent weight) may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Sociology, Behavioral Science or closely related fields such as Public Health
- No experience required.
- Directly related professional experience working with youth organizations and program development may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Valid Texas Driver’s License and compliance with the City of Houston policy on driving (AP 2-2)
Preferences for applicants
- That have experience using Microsoft office products
- That are well versed in consumer math
- That can occasionally work in inclement weather.
- Who have proficient experience in conflict resolution
Position Title: Program Coordinator-Houston Health Foundation
Application accepted from: All persons interested
Division: Houston Health Foundation
Section: Chronic Disease Health Education and Wellness
Location: 8000 N. Stadium Drive
Workday and Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. Flexible 30 hours per week
Fund Information: Grant funds