The Houston Health Foundation works to address critical public health needs impacting the Houston region’s most underserved families and children. The Houston Health Foundation creates public-private partnerships for sustainable health and wellness initiatives and programs in our communities.
The Next Grassroots Health Education Network (G.H.E.N.) is searching for community partners and organizations to help usher in the next generation of transformative grassroots health educators.
The project seeks health influencers to help amplify health education and strengthen our network. Through a mini-grant of up to $5,000 the NEXT G.H.E.N. project aims to connect the community with local grassroots partners, health educators and community health workers through various health-influencing activities to long Haul COVID-19 awareness, health literacy and health equity.
As a Next G.H.E.N. partner, you will:
- Submit a health-promoting project lasting no more than six months.
- Receive a mini grant of up to $5,000 to implement the project.
- Participate in an orientation and routine network partner calls.
- Establish relationships with other network partners.
- Report successes, impact, and lessons learned, and
- Take part in increasing health equity in the communities within the City of Houston.
Notice: Cohort 2 for proposal submissions will resume August 1, 2023.
Our programming provides oral health care through Project Saving Smiles, vision screening and eye wear through See to Succeed, improving outcomes and reducing opportunity gaps for boys and young men of color through My Brother's Keeper Houston, access to fresh produce and nutrition education with our Community Nutrition Program. We also play a key role in ensuring families receive the support services they need to create safe and healthy environments for children living in the Houston region.